This is Alison, Preston's mom. I will be posting things on this blog during Preston's mission. Preston will not have access to this blog until after his mission. If you would like to send him an email please see his contact information, located to the right of this blog. Thanks

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

#105: "Don't Cry Because it's over; Smile because it happened" Dr. Seuss

As a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have been out serving the Lord and the people of Chihuahua, Mexico for 2 years.  I decided to read the the Book of Mormon again, start to finish.  This time, as I read it, I underlined every time it gave a name for the Lord Jesus Christ.  I was astonished by how often it talks of Him.  I know without a doubt, The Book of Mormon is true, and truly "another testament" of Jesus Christ.  I have seen this book change lives during my mission.  Lives of members, investigators, converts, companions, but most of all MY life!  I have lived my life these last two years abiding by it's teachings and have found daily strength and nourishment.  I know The Book of Mormon has power!  There is no other book I love to read more than this one. The Holy Ghost has confirmed on many occasions, as I dig deep into it's pages.  There is not one thing that could make me think otherwise.  I will always be a witness of the Book of Mormon, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I want to be like Moroni.  In Moroni 1:3 it reads; "I will not deny the Christ."  I've received countless blessings from my Father in Heaven; one of the greatest is being born in the church and becoming a missionary and sharing the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know these things are true. 
It is my testimony, and I do it in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.



July 21, 2017-Elder Fowler's Return Home
(Elder Larsen-the AP (Assistant to the President) and Elder Fowler
at the mission office on the morning Elder Fowler returns home)
Time for take-off
Chihuahua airport
Homeward bound!
(In the Dallas airport, he had a 3 hour lay over so he ate
at Qdoba.  He said it tasted awful and he didn't even finish his burrito)






(He will finally meet his niece Baylor- 3 months, and
Krew- 23 months old!  They've waited their whole
life to meet him!)























(Reunited and it feels so good!)

(His room is all ready.  We totally redecorated his bedroom while
he was gone.  We knew he would only be home for a couple months
before heading off to school, so it looks more like a guest room now
instead of a teenage boy's room like he had before)
(These are the results of a hard-working missionary)






No comments:

Post a Comment