This is Alison, Preston's mom. I will be posting things on this blog during Preston's mission. Preston will not have access to this blog until after his mission. If you would like to send him an email please see his contact information, located to the right of this blog. Thanks

Monday, March 21, 2016

#38-18 Mile Walk!!!

Well, it's official!  I now have a new companion-Elder Herrera,  and I'm really enjoying him.  Even though he has been out longer than me, I have been placed as the senior companion.  We have had a lot of work to do here in Guerrero.  Tomorrow we have a training meeting with the president so I will see then if those two packages got here.  Right now we are in La Junta for some training with the Assistants and to eat some pizza.  La Junta is where 10 other missionaries are so we came here for our zone meeting.

You had asked what my favorite food is here.  I really love tortas....with lamb!!! :)  It's the best thing I can buy!  They are like hamburgers but wayyyy better!  They cook the lamb on a giant stick and heat it with a gas heater, then when you order, they cut some of the giant stick and serve it up! :) Delicioso!

Later this last week, our Zone Leader came to Guerrero to help our investigators prepare for baptism. We have this one really awesome guy we found who speaks English.  The only problem is, he lives in a tiny pueblo called La Tinaja!  So, on Friday, myself and Elder Zohner, who is my Zone Leader, went out to find him in his house.   I don't think that I have ever walked so much in one day!! I was wearing my Fit Bit which tracks the miles that we walked that day, and we walked 18 MILES!!! The worst part was, the man we were looking for, wasn't even home :(  I felt like a pioneer after all that walking! haha  I was pretty tired after that day.  I slept pretty good the following night!

We didn't have any baptisms this last week, but our investigators are slowly converting to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  What's really cool too, is we are finding God's chosen sons and daughter who will accept the gospel and choose to be baptized and follow Christ.

As the days, weeks, and months roll by, time is speeding up and I don't know if I like that.  Missionary life is great, and I have learned and grown so much while I've been living in Mexico.  I've only been out 8 months but I know it will be so hard to say goodbye to the mission field.  But, all I can do is make the most of the experiences and "serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength" (D&C 4:2)

Well, that's been my week here in Guerrero, Chihuahua!  I can't wait to see what blessings and miracles the Lord has in store for me, my companion, our investigators, and everyone that I know.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Fowler

This week's scripture to "Ponderize is:
Moroni 7:41

And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.

Having Family Home Evening with the Branch and making
fritters, which are so good!



A selfie!


Are we there yet?

Me with Elder Zohner as we were walking the edge of the earth! haha
This was the day was walked 18 MILES!


No comments:

Post a Comment