This is Alison, Preston's mom. I will be posting things on this blog during Preston's mission. Preston will not have access to this blog until after his mission. If you would like to send him an email please see his contact information, located to the right of this blog. Thanks

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

#25: Christmas Dinner in the Mission

This week has been good overall.  No baptisms though to report, but we have a good amount of investigators who are understanding what we teach and are keeping commitments.

This last Thursday was really cool because we had our Christmas party with our mission president and his wife.  The party was in Cuahtemoc which is about an hour and a half drive by bus.  When we got there, the gym of the chapel was all decorated with tables, lights and a lot more.  It was catered and everything. The food was really good!  (As part of the program, the focus was on the importance of having clean hands and a pure heart. At the end, the focus was on hands that have had great importance in their  lives, namely, the hands of their parents and those of the Savior-The mission president asked us parents to send him a picture of our hands together and another one showing our faces)  Then, pictures came across the large projector screen that had pictures of our parent's hands.  Yours was the first to come up, although I didn't recognize your hands because dad is wearing a different watch! I wasn't really prepared to see the next picture, it was of you- mom and dad together!  It caught me so off guard.  I felt immediate love and gratitude for you both, so thank you!  After we ate, we had 3 piñatas to break open.  There's a song that we sung when each person was swinging at the piñata.  There was so much candy from them, so we were all pretty satisfied!  The party ended around 5:30pm, but the next bus to Guerrero didn't leave until 8:00pm!  So, we helped clean up the church and mingled with the other missionaries who were waiting for their ride as well.

We will be able to borrow a laptop from a member and Skype in the church building here.  We are thinking around 5:00, how does that sound?  I did get Brooke and Dylan's package, and I did open it, I hope that's okay! haha  I can't have two boxes staring me in the face for another 5 days!

Because of Christmas this week, they moved the transfers up one week to last week.  So, this means I will still be with my companion, Elder Castro.  So, another transfer completed and in the books!  I must say that the mission is going by quite fast.  I'm really enjoying the people I meet, and the areas I have the privilege to serve in.

Overall, I had a really good, productive week here in Mexico.  I really enjoy the people who live here and love to serve them each day I have been given.  I am looking forward to the blessings and miracles the Lord will place in my path.  I know this church is true, and have a testimony that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and leads and guides this church today.  I'm grateful for this time of year when the whole world turns their hearts to the Savior.  I love Him and all of you back home.  May we all remember our Savior, Jesus Christ a little more this time of year.

Elder Fowler

This week's scripture to Ponderize is: D&C 90:24

Search diligentlypray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another.


Wearing the sweater that Brooke and Dylan sent him for Christmas

Elder Fowler with President and Sister Chavez

Elder Fowler (second from Left) at Christmas Dinner 

Christmas Dinner Party  2015

Catching candy from the Piñata

The Sister missionaries received make up and the Elders received a tie.
All were given a stocking of candy




No comments:

Post a Comment