This is Alison, Preston's mom. I will be posting things on this blog during Preston's mission. Preston will not have access to this blog until after his mission. If you would like to send him an email please see his contact information, located to the right of this blog. Thanks

Monday, February 6, 2017

#84: A Family of Investigators

Sorry for writing late!  We've been super busy tonight!  We cleaned our house REALLY good!! You can smell the spirit in our house!! haha  Then we played fútbol with the youth from our ward.  I have a picture from it so I think you will like it.  There were about 10-12 missionaries that played. It was fairly even.

(I asked him if he's still writing in his journal)  To be honest....I'm lacking on my journal writing!  I'm just always busy doing stuff when we get home at night, plus I'm super tired!!

(His dad told him about the 51st Football Super Bowl-and how the New England Patriots beat the Atlanta Falcons in overtime 34-28)  Yeah!  I heard all about the Super Bowl. As much as I don't like Tom Brady, he is the best quarterback, that's for sure!!  haha Kyle Van Noy?!  Sweet!  He has a Super Bowl ring now!!  Impressive!!  Did his mom and dad go to the game??? (The Van Noys were in our old Stake)

(The last week of January there was a world-wide missionary training meeting. I asked him what changes he has seen in their mission)  We now have a new schedule.  Get up at 6:30am, start studies at 8:30-10:00am then we leave the house and don't return until 9:00-9:30pm, but nothing more.  But it's all good!  I like the changes! :)

This last week was Cool!!!  We brought 6 investigators to church from my area alone!  We met some new people we are teaching....A FAMILY!!!  Their names are Monica (the mom), and her kids Javier, Bryan, and Brisa!  They are awesome!!!  We saw some cool miracles this week as we fasted and prayed.  Then last night, we had a zone meeting where we had a zone council thing.  They told me and my comp, Elder Rojas, things that we are doing good, as well as things that we need to improve on.  I was a bit discouraged, but whatever.  Yes, transfers are next week.  I don't know how I feel... Like I wanna leave cause some of the missionaries don't want to work hard, but then again, we have really cool investigators!

Love ya,
Elder Fowler

This week's scripture to "Ponderize":

Doctrine & Covenants 62:3
Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you.

These are the youth in my ward; Left to Right:
Ozzy, Haciel, Alexis and Jonny

Thought this was interesting!! :)
(AT&T is where his dad works, and IN-N-OUT Burger is
where he worked before his mission)

No comments:

Post a Comment