This is Alison, Preston's mom. I will be posting things on this blog during Preston's mission. Preston will not have access to this blog until after his mission. If you would like to send him an email please see his contact information, located to the right of this blog. Thanks

Monday, October 17, 2016

#68: New Companion, New Area, New District, New Weather, New Everything!!


These new changes are exciting!! :)  New Companion, new area, new district, new weather, new everything!!!  I am in the Villas del Real Ward.  Never been in a ward so it's pretty cool!  We even had people who attended church with us!!  It's been quite some time since I have seen success on Sundays.  It's really hot here in Chihuahua, hotter than it ever has been in my mission! hahaha I'm always tired 'cause the sun is kickin' my butt!! hahaha  I really like Elder Johnson!!!  We are getting along great!  We have a lot of things that are in common which is great! :)  He likes the Flash as well! and has a younger sister that keeps him updated about it, just like Kylah does for me.  We work together well and we teach together great!!  His Spanish is really good, so it makes teaching a lot easier! :)   It would be sweet to be here for Christmas with Elder Johnson!  Christmas would be more like home! haha  He just got out of his training period and we are kickin' trash!  We have lots of investigators and I can contact in the streets here in Chihuahua.  Elder Johnson and his last comp had some investigators before I got here, but we also found some sweet ones as well together this week!!  Also, his birthday is March 27!!  But I'm a year older (Preston's birthday is March 28th) cool, huh? It's going to be a great time with him.

I did get the letters that Sister Dobbs had sent from the girls at Girls Camp.  I liked them very much!  Tell her thank you for me! :)

I did leave a few things there in Cuauhtemoc because I thought that maybe Elder Merlo would find use of some of the things I left. :)  I also live with my zone leaders, so it's cool!  Elder Nicoll from the Sierra is here as the other district leader.  Our zone has only 12 missionaries.  I am the district leader of 6 missionaries, including myself.  I even have sisters in my district that I'm over and they are cool!  I like the mountains here, they remind me of Utah's!

Love you,
Elder Fowler

This week's scripture to "Ponderize" is:
Mosiah 21:14

And they did humble themselves even in the depths of humility; and they did cry mightily to God; yea, even all the day long did they cry unto their God that he would deliver them out of their afflictions.


New Companion: Elder Johnson  (From Arizona) with Elder Fowler

(These two have a lot in common, including a love for the
show, The FLASH.)

Saying goodbye to Elder Arnold

Elder Ashworth and Elder Fowler
This will be Elder Ashworth's last cycle before he goes home.
(He is from Las Vegas)
(Preston sent his sister Brooke, saying this picture is perfect for her
-she's pregnant and has a young child)






No comments:

Post a Comment