This is Alison, Preston's mom. I will be posting things on this blog during Preston's mission. Preston will not have access to this blog until after his mission. If you would like to send him an email please see his contact information, located to the right of this blog. Thanks

Monday, August 15, 2016

#59: Time in the city of Rubio

My week has been pretty good.  I was in Rubio with my District on Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday as well.  It was a good time that's for sure.  I really like the city of Rubio.  It reminds me a lot of Guerrero which is really cool!

We don't really have training meetings with President Montoya as often as we did with President Chavez but it's still really good.  On day President Montoya came out to our house in the morning to teach us personally!!!  I love him.

Thanks for the update on the family and the friends back at home.  I like getting updates on everyone, but wow, I can't believe how crazy the last couple weeks have been for everyone..What an emotional week, that's for sure.  (I let him know about the death of Alisa Hardy-Orton and her unborn baby girl, Ellis-hard week with the funeral being this past weekend)  That sounds like a great fireside with Elder Lynn G. Robbins.  idk why but I feel like he goes to Reno a lot. Am I right?

(This Wednesday marks 1 year that Elder Fowler left the missionary training center in Mexico and got to the mission field in Chihuahua)  This Wednesday will also mark one year that I have been in the same Stake!!!  The Cuauhtemoc Stake.  Pretty crazy, that's for sure!!  We have a couple of our investigators that are progressing and keeping their commitments, so that is good.  I feel like Elder Merlo and I are getting even closer.  He trusts me and tells me things that worry him and questions that he has.  It's cool.
Love your son,
Elder Fowler

This week's scripture to "Ponderize" is:
Doctrine & Covenants 4:5-6

 And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherlykindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
Elder Stockton and Elder Fowler walking throughout an apple orchard.

(I will let you guess what this is)

All cooked up and ready to eat.

Hermano Ricardo Ordoñez

Elders Stockton, Heindel, Hernandez and Fowler playing basketball on their P-Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment