This is Alison, Preston's mom. I will be posting things on this blog during Preston's mission. Preston will not have access to this blog until after his mission. If you would like to send him an email please see his contact information, located to the right of this blog. Thanks

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

#17 Not Affected by Hurricane Patricia

Comó esta! I really enjoyed reading your letter this week!  It brought a smile to my face! :)  (We asked Peston if he had any effects from Hurricane Patricia that hit Mexico on Friday, October 23rd) I honestly had no clue there was a hurricane that hit Mexico!  We didn't get anything besides cold weather and rain but that's about it, nothing more!

I enjoyed "ponderizing" Mosiah 24:14 this week.  It really gave me strength whenever I have difficult times.  The Savior is the only person that knows exactly what we are going through and He can make our load less and eventually into nothing!  I really love doing the "ponderizing" a scripture each week because I can then share them with the members we eat with as a spiritual thought!  I have a feeling that this up coming scripture in Alma will be really applicable to myself! hahaha

Dad, during your mission did you ever feel like you walked in circles all day?  Because I've been feeling like that this week.  We taught maybe 2-3 lessons in homes and the rest of the time we walk and try to contact people in the streets.  It's hard and frustrating walking in circles hours on end.  Let me know what you think.

(Dad's response- "Many days I felt like that.  Then all of a sudden there are many people to teach.  It is the ups and downs of mission life.  this won't be the last time you experience this.  I would always try and make games out of doing things like that.  It's all good.  This too shall pass.")
From the amount of walking I do, I play the best game ever!!!  It's called, Kicking Rocks and Seeing How Far They Go!!  It's a great way to pass the time-insert sarcasm here, LOL!!

(This week's scripture is:
Alma 4:31And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words. Amen.)

As always, I love hearing about your week!
 I Love you dearly!
Love,
Elder Fowler

See-Saw Kings; Elder Fowler, Elder Greenwood


I Believe I can fly!

From a training meeting




No comments:

Post a Comment